Making Homemade Wine
You can be making homemade wine from juice with fruit juices you buy at the grocery store. Apple juice, grape juice, cranberry juice, orange juice....the list goes on.
If you buy juice from the grocery store, please be sure it has no preservatives in it. You must read the label. The preservatives will prevent the juice from fermenting.
Do you have a garden producing tons of fresh fruits? Use them to make your own wine. They make a great wine especially if you freeze them and then let them thaw. They will yield much more juice with flavor, which will make your wine even better!
It would also be wise to have a complete recipe though to be sure that use the proper additives like acid blend, pectic enzyme, or energizer (whatever is needed for the juice you are using).
Checking the sugar content with your hydrometer and doing an acid test are advised so that the proper amount of additives are used when making your wine from juice.
Need a recipe? Go here to get your free book of recipes!
Fruit Concentrates (add Sugar)
You can also get just the fruit concentrates like blueberry, peach, cherry, cranberry, raspberry and many more fruit flavors from your local supply store.
You will need a straining bag and additives that can be advised by your supplier. Sugar is required when making homemade wine from juice concentrates like these.
Follow the wine making instructions we have here to make these wines.
Fruity Wine Kits
Premium Fruit Flavored Wine Kits are a combination of natural fruit flavoring & concentrate which produce a light alcohol(6.5%) drink that is lighter & more fruity than table wines.
These kits contain 7.5 liters of juice packaged in an aseptic, nitrogen purged juice bag & make six gallons. The kits include an F-pack flavor package.
How do these sound??
- Blackberry Cabernet - Like picking ripe, dark, succulent blackberries straight off the vine. The natural combination of slight tart acidity with the pleasant sweetness that makes blackberries so appealing is perfect with the robust and lively Cabernet backing. Cabernets own balance of berry fruit, natural acidity, plump sweetness and just that touch of zingy edge makes this a uniquely interesting, drinkable refresher.
- Green Apple Reisling - The flavor sensation of biting into a crisp, crunchy green apple, with a pleasant tartness followed by a delicious juicy finish. Natural apple flavors blend perfectly with the lively apple notes that are one of Rieslings delightful trademarks. Clean, cool and crisp - a wonderful balance of apple flavor with the slight acidity and firm character of the Riesling grape.
- Wildberry Shiraz - Ripe, intense, concentrated berry fruit flavors account for the meteoric popularity of Shiraz, an irresistible red grape variety and a natural to get its own Island Mist berry pairing. Did we say berry? We meant berries! We've matched up a special blend of wild field berries blended seamlessly together with delicious, juicy Shiraz. Taste blueberries, strawberries and blackberries, with an exquisite balance of refreshing fruit and acidity that will have you at the bottom of your glass before you know it.
- Exotic Fruit White Zinfandel - A fantastic pairing of the natural berry and plum flavors of White Zinfandel with a host of luscious fruits including blackberry, strawberry, passionfruit and blackcurrant. This clever combination unleashes a full fruit intensity with a wonderfully balanced, slightly tangy finish.
- Black Raspberry Merlot - Ruby red in color, this flavorful blend accentuates the qualities that make the Merlot grape varietal so appealing. The aroma and flavors of freshly picked, ripe raspberries merge with the lush richness of berries and fruit that naturally burst from the Merlot grape. Soft, supple and easy drinking - a true treat.
- Strawberry White Merlot - Bright and refreshing, this vibrant wine beverage offers the aromas and flavors of fresh strawberries. The medium-pink White Merlot variety lays the groundwork with its exuberant strawberry notes, tangy acidity, and crisp, delicate finish. The natural strawberry flavor weaves in a pleasant sweetness for an immediate and delicious sensation. Fresh and lively, Strawberry White Merlot is a natural fruit-and-wine combination that was simply meant to be.
- Pomegranate Zinfandel - The Pomegranate's earthy, rich juice balances with Zinfandel's slightly spicy, robust grapes creating a delicate slightly spicy sweetness that has a particular uniqueness on the first sip and leaves you wanting more.
These are quick to make and always please everyone. Awesome to make for the holidays because it does not require a long aging process.
These terrific wine concentrate kits make 6 US Gallons of low-alcohol, refreshing Mist Wines. Also quick and simple to make, you can have a batch ready in no time at all. They again do not require a long aging period and are ready to drink fast!
Try these flavors...
- Blueberry Shiraz - Imagine an inviting bowl of plump and juicy sweet blueberries and add a splash of Shiraz. Experience the exciting combination of freshly picked dark fruit flavors with a delicate touch of tannins and structure.
- Black Cherry Pinot Noir - This off-dry ruby red Pinot Noir wine presents succulent flavors of fresh, ripe black cherries balanced by a subtly touch of tannins. Light and fruity this thirst quencher is a great addition to any summer festivity.
- Peach Chardonnay - The luscious scent of ripe peaches explodes from this exceptionally crisp, flavorful wine. It blends the varietal notes of Chardonnay with the natural sweetness of juicy peaches. pale straw in color, this wine is a natural addition to a lazy afternoon, or an evening barbecue.
- Cranberry Chianti - The crisp taste of fresh cranberries is harmoniously blended with the fruity, velvety richness of Chianti in this sweet, plum-red wine. Its robust, yet elegant, sweet berry flavors make it a perfect backyard refresher.
- Kiwi Melon Pinot Grigio - Light-bodied and easy drinking this Pinot Grigio wine captures the mouth-watering flavors of freshly cut honeydew melon and juicy watermelon. Perfectly balanced with a hint of tartness from the kiwi fruit. Ride the wave of freshness.
- Watermelon White Merlot - This refreshing blush Merlot wine presents all the characteristics of a slice of fresh watermelon. Balanced with thirst quenching crispness and juicy sweetness, serve it chilled to best enjoy the invigorating flavor of this classic summer beverage.
Just follow the directions for making homemade wine from juice that come in the package and you should be fine. If you encounter a problem, please check our wine making tips
If you do not see the answer to your problem, please ask us here.
Want a Full Body Wine? Get them here.
Return to Fruit Wine Making
Return from Making Homemade Wine from Juice to Home